Sunday, February 13, 2011

Headphone Brain Cancer?

Sant 'Eustorgio



Sant'Eustorgio

Square Sant'Eustorgio 6 - Milano Tel 02/58101396
Closed: never
Type of cuisine: traditional Milanese
Price range: medium / high
Overall rating: 4 / 5

Getting there: The restaurant is located near the homonymous basilica, a few steps from Porta Ticinese. The nearest Metro stop is Porta Genova (Green Line or M2). Since there are about 700 meters walk, otherwise you can take the tram or bus.

The first time I came to Milan, unlike Luciano Bianciardi, was not to saltarein Pirellone the air, but the more prosaic business. Although it was July and hot in Milan enveloped me everywhere, I found myself by the parties of Porta Genova at dinner time (ie 19:30),
when the sun turns to desire (which is also a town near Milan). So I found myself in a dark wood of premises and clubs, but the most interesting and seemed typical "El BARBAPEDANA" typical trattoria in Milan, which took its name from a famous bandit. In short, the review has yet to begin, I ate an excellent risotto with osso buco, here called "rustin Deny", as well as to the fried dumplings with salted pork and Zibello of a good Barolo. It is understood that I was not paying? Fast forward to 2011. It 's a Sunday like any other here in London (the capital "mole" of Italy, this game of words comes to mind looking at the Pirelli Tower and thinking of one of its most famous occupant, as well as dental hygienist). It's raining, it's cold and the wind blows, so there are no camps
style Antropophagus opposite the train station. There is also blocking traffic, and local police to handcuff dispenses fines, but with a smile. I then start walking in the sprawling metropolis trying to find, through the suggestions of users of 2SPaghi, a restaurant via Mercalli, as "El BARBAPEDANA" on Sunday noted the turn of rest. The restaurant I'm looking for is called "Antica Hosteria Lantern," and although it does not cook the risotto, I'm willing to try it for the good feedback obtained. Arrival and then in a quieter area of \u200b\u200ban empty church, and of course it was shut. I'm hungry, cold and is also late to the standard Meneghini, so I decide to go on an adventure. I do not know how, but soon I find myself along Via Torino, a road much more crowded and lively, full of shops and tourists more or less happy. No time for the shopping, even if there are balances,
are on a mission of my blog and my stomach, so I promise to sling
in the infamous first restaurant to cook risotto. I find that after about an hour pilgrimage by the parties
Ticinese, and is called Sant'Eustorgio such as the basilica next door. From
menu displayed outside the room there, I learned that you can eat delicious food at the modest sum of
(hear hear) 24 €, but then, once you no bell? Within, and I
sit down in a small restaurant of another era, beautifully decorated and the atmosphere very intimate
. The seats are very few, not more than 30, and there are several families Milanese "good"
intent to end the Sunday lunch. While I must start again, almost
three and I'm ashamed to eat a lot of these times abominable, but it's not my fault!
quickly read the menu, and heartened by the presence of delicious Milanese mentioned earlier, step to read what's starter. The choice is between an artichoke the Garfagnana,
Parmigianino and eggplant. Scrap it definitely (no need to go to Milan for a
eggplant parmigiana, when you're still on the palate that of Menelaus that melts in your mouth), and then I go for this delicious boiled artichoke, stuffed with melted cheese
and then fried after be dipped in beaten. Really good, pity about the bread, that here, as
in Tuscany, is without salt. The service is really fast, or maybe my dish was ready, so after a few minutes
arrives at my table by a plate of risotto with osso buco epic proportions. The rice is good, there's saffron and feels (and especially you see), what disappoints me a bit is the osso buco, a little too raw and poached in a mixture of chopped carrots celery and onions too much. Nevertheless, the dish is a delight, and I finish everything up to the last grain of rice. I choose to drink a good glass of barbera from Piedmont, a long-bodied and fairly high alcohol content, but thank goodness, for once I do not have a foot in my legs! There is no self-respecting lunch that should not be closed with a dessert, especially if it's Sunday, so I order a slice of pear and chocolate cake that is served hot here, but here too, like risotto, the portion is huge . Never mind, there's always room for dessert, and then finish it all. Coffee for close (far too long) and account for 52 € for all that you have read. Certainly not cheap, but we are in the heart of Milan, and at the quality of raw materials and the preparation is there. I go out with a walk to digest all this good things, indeed space to walk in Milan certainly do not lack. And the next time I go to "El BARBAPEDANA, the world would fall (or Pirellone).

as the main course I put all the dishes, so well observed you, my dear twenty-five readers (in the words of Manzoni, one false).
recommended Tracklist: Baustelle - A Romance in Milan
Baustelle - Antropophagus

0 comments:

Post a Comment