Monday, August 16, 2010

When Tonsils Have To Be Lanced

Viaggiatore or tourist Riparte

The other day I was at Te Anua.
I arrived early in the morning when a cloud, fog, and calling it too high for too low to call it cloud covered the hills surrounding this new unknown destination.
As always the first goal of the hostel: the YHA and 'nearest and very lazy, I threw them. My room was not ready before noon, nine o'clock. I leave the backpack at the hostel and start on CAMMAN lakefront.
I see on one side of a lake landscape that I like, I want to get there and so begins my inner fight: "No, and 'away' I turn and walk in the opposite direction
" If I do not go near that place will not see from that fascinates me "I turn around and point the place like so many others for no reason I was drawn.
Avro 'made five or six times this change of direction as I thought, that there was no luck or I would take a fool.
the end I chose to get there. It was more 'close to what I expected, an hour's walk on the beach and bush, so I went even further, I also met a guy who lives in a van that was furnished as a house with lots of plants stove and sofa bed, that's 'Into the Wild a lot, maybe not creperie' in Alaska but also very cold here. Although the lake was crystal clear when I started to get thirsty I preferred to go back, there are still so 'Into the Wild so, when will banquet' with a 'skinned moose I'll be with' my lunch with a good glass water lake, turning around I saw that the cloud had thinned and the hills that I thought turned out to be the snow-capped mountains.
The view 'significantly improved.
the citadel now I sit on a bench to admire the lake completely different from what I had seen him before.
Then come quickly on the scene a group of people obviously Italian, but could have been any other nationality ', loud and intent only to take photos, a few minutes back in the car and disappear.
left me alone with my thoughts, wondering if they are like a simple tourist or a traveler can call me just because my trip and 'long, sleeping in hostels and I try to understand the more' local culture can . I can not answer even now days later. Probably mentally while criticizing that group 'cause they had come from the most' to get photos of the lake that look or because 'they had come from them where to stop all stop, someone sitting staring at me and criticized me' cause in his eyes for what I tried to get away from the tourist, as every time there is a fork chooses the road less traveled in his eyes I'm just a tourist who stops a little beyond the appearances.

forget my delusions that's what I've done in the past days ...

Abandoned after a disappointing half-day Wellington to Christchurch, which also disappoints me, I'm discovering that I do not like to stay in the city 'but I prefer to stay in small villages in which I dedicate to Pesso bushwalking and find sensational landscapes, or maybe here in the cities 'there' nothing to see ...
So even leaving Christchurch towards the Alps between Lake Tekapo New Zealand, for once the leadership has taken us, in the snowy mountains lies a beautiful turquoise lake.
Just get off the bus, unfortunately, for the first time I use the plastic cover of the pack, a cold rain welcomed me into the lake. Despite this 'I approach the lake, freezing more and more', and I stop to look around a bit. Once you have completely lost the sensitivity 'hands and feet I start searching the hostel, not' hard and the village 'of 300 inhabitants 3 4 hostels luxury hotels and a pub.
the first hostel I meet at the reception when I ask for a room I meet with a terse "Fully Booked" Then something blather and adds a sarcastic "Good Luck". I did not understand almost nothing of what they told me between "fully booked" and "good luck", but I do not know where to run as I realized that to take the bus did not want to die if frozen in that village. And it 'so' and that 'sadly comic, and started a desperate race to stop, lucky that the bus had just left and went in the direction where I was, waving and shouting in the street I had to stop.
The driver did a bit of history but in the end made me go in the direction of Queenstown.

I lost a lake, but I find another one. Queenstown skiing destination the more famous in New Zealand and 'a small town located on both sides of a large lake surrounded by mountains, or more correctly, the town is on one side, expensive vacation homes and luxury hotels are on the other side.
Here I decide to dedicate myself to a day of skiing and I'm going to rent the equipment. The basic idea was to make a day on the snow, also suffering a bit cold as I have not thought of clothing and having to ski in jeans, but in the end a Dutchman has given me both a ski suit that gloves . This is not 'served not to kill me frozen, but it was' worth it. The chauffeur who drove the van up to the slopes (which are at 20km from Queenstown and it took us 40 minutes to get there) was his first day, and 'party after a few attempts to put the first and the abrupt braking is not typical of those who' used to the brake pedal of the vehicle is driving, when I saw the whole road bends that climbed the mountain I really feared that my journey would end here!

Ps
Damn google whenever I can remove the advertisements' puts other ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment