Friday, October 1, 2010

Funny Birthday Wishes To An 18yr Old

road for 3339 Quota slm

Plaza de Armas (Cusco)

I'm back to writing sitting on a pile of cushions in the garden of the hostel because it is the only place where I can get the wireless connection and an outlet eletrica without the rain was wet. I arrived yesterday in Cuzco (or Cusco or Cusq 'depends on what the cartel laws), this tourist mecca of South America is the pride of Peru, all persons crossing this country can not avoid stopping here to reach Machu Picchu. I'm not having problems then I did for the altitude 10 meters with the shopping bags and I felt like I ran a marathon. I met with two Argentinian and they are now going to get a beer in the evening. They tried to speak Italian, English I, the result was that after a few minutes talking about a new language was a mix of English and Italian so much fantasy The day after I won the anxiety due to an infusion of coca leaves I have the guys who work in the hostel, the energizing effect is like that of a red bull and it helps a little.
Cuzco
The center of the colonial city is very nice, outside the tourist area but the houses are mostly made with mud bricks, according to local traditions.
Pigs in the Mercado de Santa Clara
My ultimate goal this morning was the Monastery of Santa Clara, closed, so I diverted to a covered market near the church, in were also prepared various banquet food: I began my culinary tour by an old lady with a cart that was selling for only a fifth of hard-boiled eggs (maybe) quail covered with a green sauce, this was the appetizer, for lunch I stayed true to a bank where there were less ambulatory some Peruvians, I took for 5 soles ceviche (raw fish) served with rice, onions, garlic, chili beans and corn on the cob roasted camote (sweet potato orange) all accompanied by a glass of a drink from the yellowish color that I think I understand is a sort of beer made from corn . For dinner today I noticed last night stalls selling skewers of giant.
Banquet of ceviche market

In recent days I have been able to visit Huacachina and Nazca (or Nasca). The first is a lagoon surrounded by hotels and restaurants surrounded by huge sand dunes, a road linking it to the Ica rest is just desert. In the afternoon, with two Israelis, a New Zealander and I rode a dune buggy through the desert surrounding the oasis. With the machine gave us wooden planks similar to snowboard for sandboarding do.
Huacachina desert view from
I could not do without to engage in this discipline but with poor results: every meter falling and eating large amounts of sand.
Sandboarding
Nazca is rather barren and desolate places in the desert, famous for the lines of the same name. Two hours of bus normal lead me in the cradle of the ancient Nazca civilization, on the bus I know a girl from Hong Kong (Hong Kongese?) Aimed at Arequipa, at each stop along the way saliva people trying to sell something to the passengers, needless to say that with me and the Asian furiously especially as the only non-Peruvians aboard. I was only at Nazca in the afternoon, just long enough to see the lines, just got off the train I headed to the airport where I took an airplane to fly, say airplane because it was small: four seats and the wind had made him "drift "like a laser without drift. A fast-paced definitely do not recommend that experience. In the evening I won my foolish fears, and I strolled through the center of nazca eating in a restaurant with a dog under the table that I can not wait to fall a piece of meat.
This is a plane not a car
returned to the bus station, I waited until one o'clock at night in the company of a pair of France he was doing for the second time around the world (in the first ten years ago it was known) only difference is that now the first time backpackers are traveling with children 8 and 6 years!! Epic. The bus
in 16 hours led me to Cuzco, I came to hate me by the hostess because towards the end of the trip have bingo on the bus, and win a return ticket to Lima totally useless to me I played just to pass the time but when I saw that the first time I managed to win this game I was unable to keep from screaming, "Bingo!" of course I refused the prize and then the hostess had to redeploy the folder and start all over again.

Now I'll try to acclimate to the altitude to continue the trek to Machu Picchu 4 days and then go to Puno altitude 3800 meters above sea level.

0 comments:

Post a Comment