Sunday, October 31, 2010

Women Wearing Girdels

In Patagonia until the end of the world in Chile Bolivia Dalla

Street from San Pedro to La Serena.
A night bus and disembark in the charming seaside town, or so I was expecting, the sky is covered with gray clouds, I only takes a few seconds of observation to decide what to do.
Calle de Valparaiso
Return, I make the rounds of companies and choose the bus to Valparaiso which starts later in order to visit the city.
further eight hours by bus.
Arrive in Valpo that there is still light, I find a great hostel just opened in the enthusiastic owner indicates all the places to go and where not to go in the city, in the end the night I shared a chorillana the restaurant with him and his friends , very good thing that enabled me to spend a night on the Chilean living in the country more in one night than I could do in a few days. In these
I also afflicted days to decide on my next trip, I tried flying trains and buses, reasoned on the days and places to visit if you go there or not. In the end I decided to reach Ushuaia, the last bastion before where human nature with its imperviousness wrote about an expanse of liquid and solid water " ultimate .
have 70 hours of bus: In the morning I board early to Santiago and two hours after arriving in the Chilean capital, I have time to visit until 22 after 8 hours in a bus makes me cross the border, two other stamps the wishes of the passport cop who noted that it is my birthday and new country, finally Argentina.
Arrive at the bus station to Mendosa at 4 am, thinking they can take a bus to Bariloche for lunch time waited patiently on a bench in the terminal with an Argentine company that screams at every bus that comes, "Change pesos Argentinos Chileno, Change! Change! "
The timing was wrong the first bus leaves at 20 to Bariloche and arrives at 13, amen, I have more time for the city. Having stayed a few hours I was exhausted and walking for so long is not easy, I fall asleep on a park bench.

Patagonia
Bariloche, it seems to be the Alps, the town overlooks a lake surrounded by snow-capped peaks, the course is full of shops that make and sell chocolate at the end I can not help but get into one with a chocolate fountain and devour all kinds of crap for sale. Spend five hours waiting for the bus I board again, 32 hours, starting at 20, 26 at 3:45 arrival of 28 ...

I remember that after less than two months after my departure, when I was still in New Zealand, I calculated the time spent on means of transport such as buses and aircraft, and was about a week, I dare not imagine now what it is. At the end of these six months I spent two months sleeping and perhaps almost as many Coach ... Better not think about it.

we're just tourists on the bus at the end of the trip I pulled out the theory that the Argentinians even if they have relatives in the south prefer to let them die instead of repeating the long journey.
The 32 hours pass quickly in the end, now I am used to the usual routine: film-sleep-sleep look at the landscape-something-more-sleep-eat-sleep, to run the fastest time will take care of the ' atmosphere that is created by people who have come together in this killed me: how a small school trip. Time passes and fly to El Calafate, which almost do not want to get off the bus:
a) because I think the place I spent more time in recent months
b) outside is cold as hell are the 4 and I have no intention of paying a hostel for six hours at full price.

Perito Moreno took a smaller piece as it falls
I stop one night in El Calafate and the next day I go to see one of the world's most famous glaciers. I also had the chance to admire a piece of ice break off and fall into the water. I mean, not a small piece of ice or snow pellets falling all the time, but pretty much a big as a bus maybe bigger (now known as I read that I compared him to a bus now I see them everywhere), distanced himself slowly falling in the water with a thunderous roar of huge waves propagating as a result.


Back to Calafate I took the first bus to Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, the last town before Antarctica. Are another 18 hours, starting at 3 am. We cross the Strait of Magellan with a barge carrying only us and the coaches, nearly 500 years ago died for us through this channel and instead scrausa with a boat in less than 10 minutes we are on the other side.
The bus, alas, is not one of those "sudamericanstyle" but it is a normal, awkward journey rewarded by the beautiful landscapes that I look out the window, and the idea of \u200b\u200breach (almost) the end of the world!

0 comments:

Post a Comment