Friday, October 22, 2010

New Jersey Indoors Basketball Gyms





the border
Last night was the coldest in Bolivia, despite the icy wind that are pulled out and started walk kicking the rocks looking for the last time the Bolivian sky seems to me unlike any other place. I continue to walk without a direction, it does not matter when you have nothing around, I had already noticed yesterday afternoon in the salar when you have a boundless territory all the same limited only by the horizon begins to walk without stopping. A look back at me is the sun went down behind me, leaving me almost completely in the dark, I have to go back, fortunately I have my torch Quechua fantastic with me.
walk half an hour to go, the darkness does not create problems, I see perfectly the distant lights of the building housing my bed last night, also to keep me company I have the sound of cold wind that blows in my face and I have to drive the alternator to keep the torch lit. Half an hour of "gneek gneek gneek" some people have become so crazy. When I am almost at my destination I hear some noise around me, fortunately it was not an alpaca spit but came to the little fox that ran into the hotel to scrounge leftovers from customers, I renamed Rommel came to me hoping to have some cookies to give him, or even frozen to die so that I can eat my carcass.
Valley of the Moon
The next day we leave at 4:30, the night did not fifteen tells us the drive and even when we are starting below zero up to San Pedro de Atacama I feel his toes when frozen as scio. We make a few stops in other lagoons gyeser and thermal waters and then I unload at the border. Already we note here the difference between Chile and Bolivia: the border is nothing more than a little house in the middle of the desert where Bolivian cancel the visa and a bar would have to capture purely useless car, I say useless because they are two days that we go in desert where the road is everywhere it's not that hard to work around this border, just after the bar passes the sign that marks where the imaginary line that demarcates the Bolivian territory, three feet past the sign "Republica de Chile" and the exact point into which is placed perfectly paved road begins a new without holes with well-painted stripes.
The driver let me say here that I take a bus that passes in a quarter of an hour, again with the French to take them to Uyuni leaving them to wait in vain. After half an hour nothing ... I'm just the two soldiers and a few car going to cross the border. I ask the soldiers if they know when it arrives. They tell me that he left an hour earlier, then the driver or did not know or have been late and did a blind eye. A few seconds of terror to my fate, then I wonder if I take and pass other buses, yes, it relaxes me. Paid for the ticket and the bus takes me no problems in Chile, an hour's journey on a road Normal is so comfortable that I fall asleep.
Sunset over the valley of the moon
I wake up when we get to the immigration office Chilean definitely return here in the civilized world: a scanner examines the contents of each bag, to fools who could not be seized coca leaves. The city seems almost incredible to see Chilean who speak English without any problems, Europeans working, women with normal clothes instead of those typical Andean hats for men, and when you sit at the restaurant if a dog tries to get him out. I'll be back after a
month, then, in a civilized world and how we see the difference. I already miss the food prepared on the street, people you selling the fruit resting on the ground, and chaotic markets. The only thing I have left is the desert. Pure food is different. Tap water is drinkable! And do not rationed! Hot shower! Repurchase at least a bit of comfort that I had forgotten the past few days Bolivians.

0 comments:

Post a Comment